Friday, April 20, 2007

WGA Certified!

I just got my documentation of registration from the Writers Guild of America, west. This may seem like a very trivial thing to you but for me, I'm quite excited! I was entertaining the idea of framing it. The only other thing I've got to proudly display is a little trophy I won in high school. If you can believe this, I won a Turkey Tourney Free Throw Contest. It was the first time I ever won anything. It will always be a fond memory of mine.

As far as the big picture goes, it doesn't mean squat. But, it's these little moments that let you know you've reached the next plateau. It's good to sit back and see how far you've come and take pride in that. And it keeps you in perspective on how far you still got to go.

So, toast to me - and my certificate of registration. May there be many more to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree... The first one IS QUITE AN OCCASION!

I'm sipping a homemade Americano to you!

Keep writing!

Unk