Monday, August 13, 2007

Death To Creatures Of The Night

I just got back from watching Skinwalkers. It's not as bad as the critics pan it out to be. Which leads me to one conclussion. Critics don't want to see another vampire or werewolf movie. To them, they hit there peak with American Werewolf in London or Interview With A Vampire. This is tough news for me because I'm writing a screenplay about a vampire. And it doesn't matter how original or invigorating my idea is (one critic described Skinwalkers as having a few clever twists to add to the genre), it's still not good enough. Critics don't want to see it. At least I still got fans of vampires and werewolves movies. They'll come out to see the movie. Maybe not on opening weekend (Skinwalkers - .75 million. Good enough for 17th place), But they will still see the movie. When it comes out on DVD, that is. It's ashamed how the movie business works. But that's the ultra-independent DIY in me speaking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I wasn´t expecting their romance at first, I started to imagine Nicky was going to be his "next" girl when I saw Julia Stiles in all the production photos and material. Then there was that scene you mentioned, how she looked at him and all that is said (very little but with so much potential).
The scene where she is dying her hair was such a shock for me, I thought something might happened there, he was looking through the door, remembering Marie no doubt and I did expect something, a struggle but nothing happened.
Also let´s not forget the scene where Nicky brings him something to clean his wounds.
The end leaves us hoping for more...but I have read that Matt is not up to play Bourne again, so maybe we will never see the film we want to see, which would be a pity, cause I am actually looking forward that possibility.
Thanks for sharing your opinion on the subject! I agree 100%