Saturday, January 2, 2010

After reviewing Nine, I did some research into narcissism and came up with some good ideas of my own for the character in a screenplay I'd like to write. This is the research and development part and I think this is what Philosophy of Screenwriting should be all about. The ideas and concepts that are presented in philosophy, psychology and the sciences should be utilized to make our screenplays more realistic. We shouldn't just fly off the cuff in our own understanding thinking that will be enough. All of us should be philosophy majors. In fact, two the best screenwriting books I've read, Story by Robert McKee and Psychology For Screenwriters, are great technical books; college-level reading for the screenwriter.

This may seem obvious, but I'm using this blog as a free flow outlet for my ideas that are universal. In conveying information, I most importantly am informing myself.


No comments: